Saturday, May 22, 2010

News Flash! Hazel's UN-Birthday Party a Success!



Between the "Gazillion" bubble machine, blow-up wading pool with ball pit, balloons, streamers, pink fairy princess cake on top of dirt cake covered in worms/eggs/green sprinkles, garden buckets with toys we later scooped dirt cake into and ate from, and Hazel's pile of dress up clothes...we had fun.

I need a nap.

Thank you everyone for all your fabulous suggestions! Our outdoor party became an indoor one and they didn't kill each other.

Dirt cake:
3 box chocolate cakes
12 chocolate pudding cups
4 bags of chocolate oreos

mash and mix. Adorn with Gummi Worms, maltball birds' eggs, green sprinkles. Optional: bugs, butterflies, fairies, green cotton cancy for moss, edible flowers, etc. I used a plastic storage bin for the troff.

I made the fairy topper from an extra doll in craft storage. some feathers, silk flowers, dance rhinestones, and some hot glue, and poof! A fairy cake topper. She went on the top of the pink strawberry cake no one ate. Dirt cake is moist and tasty...

In the $1 garden pails were stickers to decorate their pail, eggs full of puddy, and kazoos/harmonicas.

Bubble machine was $15 at Toysrus. It was the 3rd and most expensive one I bought, and the first one that worked. And after watching to toddlers spas out for indoor bubbles, I would have paid 10 times that.

You can get big bags of refill ballpit-balls at Target. Sucky thing is these stupid cheapo balls are $20 a bag. The wading pool was big, so I needed 2-3 bags. They probably cost $2 a bag. That part sucked. But what I really bought was $40 worth of serious 2-year-old fun.


Enjoy the pictures. Happy 2 1/2 UN-Birthday, Hazel my love!




I love how her front tooth is blackened out by the dirt cake.















2 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I'm glad it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magical! You are such a great Mommy! Wish I could have been there. :)

    ReplyDelete