Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Wendy Project: Staging and Painting for a San Diego Move



I'll be painting and staging their entire 4 floor house for their soon approaching move to beautiful San Diego. While I don't want to condone their leaving, I'm excited to take on such an ambitious project!

Here's the first wave of befores, for your critique and enjoyment:

Random room between kitchen and Breakie nook, just off dining (goal: purpose this room as a traditional butler's pantry using a buffet piece, paint, and lighting):










The first of a trend - dark blue kitchen (goal: lighten and brighten with paint, light, and decluttering):








The jersey cream yellow living room (goal: emphasize moldings, built-in's, entry way, and fireplace):










The cobalt blue dining room (goal: emphasize moldings, built-ins, and chandelier):












What has now been deemed the Breakfast Nook (goal: give purpose to blank canvas by adding family breakie room):





2 comments:

  1. I had heard they might be moving. That's sad for Pgh, exciting for them. I'm excited to see you work your magic for their house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eager to see the finished product. I think that it needs to be toned down a bit. Prospective buyers want to see the beauty of the house and also be able to imagine their things and lives in the surroundings. Personally, I find cobalt blue walls a little distracting. Individual and interesting, but distracting.

    ReplyDelete